Tuesday, January 25, 2005

A Few Items From The Factor

And the Award for Best Child Murderer goes to... Mine An Ener! (No, that isn't a typo. That's her name.) Bill O'Reilly talked to a few people about this story tonight. Some Professors and students at Villanova college in Pennsylvania are dedicating a portion of a student lounge to Ener because she suffered from postpartum depression. I heard about this a few days ago on Garage Logic, but O'Reilly brought it up tonight. It's just stupid. My mother had postpartum depression after having me. Pity she didn't slash my neck. Then she'd have a student lounge named after her too.

Then there was some self-proclaimed liberal from some liberal newspaper who just came on the show to take a shot at O'Reilly. He said O'Reilly was like Jerry Springer, because Brokaw and Rather and Jennings would never call someone a nut or an idiot. Unfortunately, I think O'Reilly misspoke when he said he didn't call Barbara Boxer a nut. I think he did call her that, but I'm not sure. She is a nut, but instead of getting defensive, Bill should have said was that Brokaw's show, Rather's show and Jennings' show all report the news (supposedly) objectively. O'Reilly's show is news commentary. It's an opinion that he's allowed to give on his show. His show is up front about it. It isn't like he's calling his show a straight news show, and that his opinion is news. He doesn't hide an agenda with false objectivity, like Dan Rather.

Along comes Falwell, offering tsunami victims rice and... sermons. Dude, all they need is the rice. Evangelism annoys the piss out of me.

At the end of the show, they chatted a bit about The Passion, but I already blogged about that below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home